Statewide Resources for Teachers
The following resources are offered for ASD educators to provide hybrid or distance learning for MN students:
- STAR Online Learning System 2.0 (SOLS 2.0)
This resource is a comprehensive distance learning system designed to provide instruction to students with more significant learning needs including ASD and DCD. All MN Educators are eligible for a NO COST account for the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Initial and Re-evaluation of ASD During COVID-19
This resource was developed for MN educators to provide considerations regarding educational evaluation/re-evaluation of ASD during the COVID-19 school changes.
- Helping your Child with ASD (and similar needs) Learn at Home During COVID 19: 5 Easy Strategies. This 20 minute video was developed to help families prepare for home learning. Many educators have shared this video with their student’s families.
- One hour recorded session on social learning strategies during COVID-19
The Zones of Regulation® and Make Social Learning Stick®
teamed up to bring you resourceful ideas for you and your
learners. This one hour session is presented by
Leah Kuypers, Elizabeth Sautter, and Emily Walz.
These presenters will discuss their ideas and share
resources with you during COVID-19 and distance learning.
- ASD Paraprofessional Development Resources
This list of resources is provided to help teachers and administrators offer professional development to paraprofessionals in the area of ASD.
Note: Some of the resources listed above link to "external websites" which may not be accessible for some viewers, screen readers and other assistive technology devices. If you need assistance, please email the "Contact Information" person listed at the bottom of this page.
The contents of this website do not necessarily represent the policy of the federal Department of Education or the state Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the federal or state government. Funding for this event is made possible with a grant from the MN Department of Education. The source of the funds is federal award Special Education – Grants to States, CFDA 84.027A.
Tami Childs, Ph.D., Statewide ASD & OHD Specialist
MN Low Incidence Projects, Metro ECSU
Phone: 612-638-1537, Tami.Childs@metroecsu.org