Autism Spectrum Disorders Resources
Distance Learning Resources
The following resources are offered for ASD educators to provide hybrid or distance learning for MN students:
- STAR Online Learning System 2.0 (SOLS 2.0)
This resource is a comprehensive distance learning system designed to provide instruction to students with more significant learning needs including ASD and DCD. All MN Educators are eligible for a NO COST account for the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Initial and Re-evaluation of ASD During COVID-19
This resource was developed for MN educators to provide considerations regarding educational evaluation/re-evaluation of ASD during the COVID-19 school changes.
- Helping your Child with ASD (and similar needs) Learn at Home During COVID 19: 5 Easy Strategies. This 20 minute video was developed to help families prepare for home learning. Many educators have shared this video with their student’s families.
- One hour recorded session on social learning strategies during COVID-19
The Zones of Regulation® and Make Social Learning Stick®
teamed up to bring you resourceful ideas for you and your
learners. This one hour session is presented by
Leah Kuypers, Elizabeth Sautter, and Emily Walz.
These presenters will discuss their ideas and share
resources with you during COVID-19 and distance learning.
- ASD Paraprofessional Development Resources
This list of resources is provided to help teachers and administrators offer professional development to paraprofessionals in the area of ASD.
Resources for Educators
- Brochure: Autism Spectrum Disorders - MN Educational Resource Guide.pdf
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Minnesota State Criteria.pdf
- Autism Assessment Resources Manual 2016.pdf
Check out the updated Autism Assessment Resources! The 2016 edition includes a completely new section in transition assessment including information regarding transition assessments, resources, and additional professional development opportunities. In addition, this section provides direct links to a variety of assessments covering the major domains of transition. This edition also includes updates and additional resources in the early childhood section.
- MNSCU Postsecondary Resource Guide (2014): Successfully Preparing Students with Disabilities for the Postsecondary Environment: Postsecondary Resource Guide.pdf
- Minnesota Autism Resource Portal
- Pathways to Services and Supports for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Resources for Families
- Disability Benefits 101 (external site)
A website that provides tools and information on health coverage, benefits and employment for individuals of all ages with disabilities; and provides links and resources for related MN public programs.
- MN Dept. of Human Resources/CADI Waiver Information (external site)
- MNSCU Postsecondary Resource Guide (2014): Successfully Preparing Students with Disabilities for the Postsecondary Environment, Postsecondary Resource Guide.pdf
- Pathway to Services and Supports for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) (External site)
Note: Some of the resources listed above link to "external websites" which may not be accessible for some viewers, screen readers and other assistive technology devices. If you need assistance, please email the "Contact Information" person listed at the bottom of this page.
Metro Area – For more information about ASD services in your area, contact a Region 11 ASD district representative or the Director of Special Education in each local school district.
Greater MN – For more information about ASD services in your area, contact the Director of Special Education in each local school district.